Fat Loss Tips
|fast track to controlling insulin & body fat|
Start with one or two new tips per week; adding a new tip weekly, then in twelve short weeks you’ll begin to experience a better mood, increased energy, and excellent fat loss – especially around the middle.
- Eat every four to five hours during the day.
- Eat breakfast within an hour of waking.
- Never skip breakfast or you’ll pay for it all day long having more cravings due to low blood sugar!
- Consume small amounts of lean, quality protein (animal or vegetarian) with each meal.
- Start your meal with protein instead of bread (carbohydrate). The protein should be about the size of the palm of your hand, that’s about three to five ounces per meal.
- Avoid high-fat proteins such as bacon and salami – reach for grass-fed, quality protein.
- Eat low-sugar carbohydrates such as berries, melons, vegetables, whole grains and brown rice.
- Limit (or eliminate) white flour carbohydrates all together such as bagels, pasta, breads, crackers, and chips. These are refined, processed carbohydrates that can cause increased fat storage if eaten in excess.
- Stop eating two hours before bedtime.
- Drink eight glasses of water per day. Add real lemon for taste and cleansing effect.
- Limit or eliminate all juices, sodas, and other sugary drinks from your diet. Please do not drink your calories; one mocha is about as many calories as an entire meal.
- Add good fats to your diet, such as almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds (handful per day), olives, olive oil, avocados, and try to avoid lard, fried foods, margarine, shortening, etc. True… you need some good fat in your diet for fat metabolism, but too much of the bad kind will put the fat back on!
- Try to have some carbohydrates, protein, and fat at each meal (such as a scrambled egg, fruit and almonds; or grilled chicken, vegetables and salad). If possible, try to avoid starch at night.
- Add thirty minutes of “heart pumping exercise” to your day, five days per week: dancing, walking, cycling, a video exercise tape, stair climbing. Better yet, mix it up and do two different exercises each week, changing new exercises every three weeks. Introducing new activities keeps your metabolism working harder and encourages accelerated fat loss. Try to break a sweat to insure a good fat burn.
- Add ten to thirty minutes of weight-resistance strengthening exercises, such as abdominal crunches, push-ups, leg lifts, or hand weights. You don’t need to go to a gym if you do not want to. Strength training helps to prevent the muscle loss that occurs with age. Reduced muscle mass means lowered metabolism. Remember muscle IS your metabolism. Don’t lose it.
- Get a hormone test to rule out underlying hormone problems causing you to gain weight or inability to lose it.
- Take a day off once a week. Yes, a free day!
- Chromium Drops: to help control blood sugar levels and lower insulin -use 1 dropper full under tongue before meals.
- Metabolism -Weight Loss Packets: Daily support for metabolism, appetite control, energy, mood and relaxation.
- Energy Capsules: For energy, appetite control, and focus support – Take two capsules in AM and again in afternoon.
- HcG drops: Helps to control appetite and weight loss.
All supplements can be purchased at Peak Medical Clinic or shipped for your convenience.
Schedule with a Peak Medical Weight-Loss Specialist Today!